Community Based/Couples Match
An adult-aged Big Brother or Big Sister gets to spend time and share activities with a child-aged Little Brother or Little Sister doing activities that they both enjoy together. Activities may include fishing, playing board games, baking cookies, or going to ball games. The Bigs and Littles get to enjoy these fun times together on their own schedule at least two times per month.
Couples Match is the same but offers the opportunity for spouses to share the mentoring experience together.
Through the Sister Power Program, Big Sisters with their Little Sisters, who are between the ages of 13 and 18, and currently enrolled in the Big Brothers Big Sisters Community Based Program, will be able to come together as a group to talk about and experience programs and activities that will create healthy, smart, strong, and empowered active girls and women.
The Sports Buddies Program is designed for “Bigs” and “Littles” who share a love of sports.
Sports Big Buddy Eligibility:
· You must be male who is 18 or older.
· Be able to make a minimum of a six month commitment to the program and your matched little.
· Be able to attend one to two of the monthly program events. The growing calendar of events can be found on our website.
· Potential Bigs must apply and provide references, and a BBBS Staff Member will contact you for an interview and to complete a background check.
· Will be matched with a little who you will meet at planned Big Brothers Big Sisters Activities created specifically for the Sports Buddies program.
· Just have to show up. No planning events, no transportation, just show up to the event, and hang out with a little who loves sports as much as you do.
· Sports Buddies do not meet outside planned events and a BBBS Staff member will be at each event.
Career Quest is a partnership with Sidney High School's Opportunity School. This program matches adult volunteers with graduation credit deficient high school students and helps them get on track for graduation and prepared for future careers.